1. Purpose of the team
To be the centre of specialised expertise and skills on securing and managing Institutional Funding through:
- Developing and leading the delivery of the Institutional funding strategy based on country and cluster strategies and corporate priorities;
- Acquisition, development and management of donor relationships in line with Tearfund’s ambition and guidelines on Institutional funding;
- Develop, share and promote good practice tools, templates, systems, procedures, case studies and training;
- Coordinate and oversee proposals and applications with Tearfund family and Integral Alliance members;
- Coordinate and oversee Tearfund’s involvement in consortia bids with other agencies.
2. Main purpose of the job
To lead the development, coordination and delivery of Tearfund’s Institutional funding strategy at a Dutch and EU level, taking the lead on developing donor relationships in the Netherlands, giving strategic oversight, direction and support to countries and clusters. Lead, manage and support other teams to ensure the specialised expertise and skills required for securing a balanced portfolio of Institutional funding in support of Tearfund’s vision and objectives; supporting effective delivery of Institutionally funded programmes to ensure they are high quality, on time and within budget, meeting both Tearfund and donor compliance requirements.
3. Position in organisation
- manage and coordinate Institutional Funding within Tearfund;
- report to International Programme Director;
- work closely with Geographical Cluster Coordinators, Country Leads, Director Business Control and Fundraising Director;
- work closely with other internal members of Tearfund, at all levels;
- work closely with other Integral Alliance partners and Tearfund Family members on Institutional Funding where appropriate;
- represent Tearfund to Institutional donors, including networking;
- represent Tearfund to fundraising managers in other relief and development agencies, including collaboration and networking.
4. Dimensions and limits of authority
- Oversight, direction and support to Institutional funding acquisition and management;
- Direct line management of Institutional Funding team members;
- Matrix management and support of Institutional Funding roles within International Programme;
- Liaise with International Group Senior Management of Tearfund Family and Integral Alliance Members Team and Cluster Leads;
- Liaise and network with senior donor representatives and external organisations such as EU-CORD, Voice, other NGOs in the Netherlands.
- HBO+ degree, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strategic leader
- Innovative, dynamic and proactive
- Committed to collaboration and working as part of a team, both internally and externally
- Committed to encouraging and developing team members
- Masters in a development-related subject.
- Senior-level experience of setting and delivering income strategy
- Proven experience of setting and achieving ambitious income targets
- Senior level strategic and operational leadership of a complex team
- Proven track record of managing relationships with large Institutional donors (such as Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Commission)
- Proven track record of securing Institutional Funding from a variety of donor sources, and supporting the implementation of that funding (preferably field and fundraising office experience)
- Experience in developing key performance indicators, management information and operational reporting requirements and systems
- Experience in all aspects of Project Cycle Management: assessment and design, proposal development, reporting, budgeting and financial management, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of commercial contract management
- Experience in knowledge management and developing user-friendly, good practice procedures
- Experience in capacity building, training and/or mentoring
- the ability to inspire and role model effective management and leadership;
- the ability to lead a complex team with diverse skills;
- the ability to work across cultures, engage and influence staff from a wide variety of cultures and contexts;
- the ability to influence and persuade peers and other senior staff;
- ability to inspire and motivate a team of staff through matrix leadership;
- proven ability in supporting and mentoring staff;
- strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- proven leadership ability in challenging situations;
- strong networking and relationship-building skills;
- strong influencing and negotiating skills;
- strong analytical skills;
- the ability to think strategically;
- proven ability to deliver against deadlines;
- IT skills in MS Office, Google for Business, database user.
- able to work under pressure;
- a strategic leader;
- innovative, dynamic and proactive;
- committed to collaboration and working as part of a team, both internally and externally;
- committed to encouraging and developing team members;
- able to travel overseas, sometimes at short notice.
You are committed to Tearfund’s vision, mission and values. All Tearfund staff share responsibility to promote and maintain a strong safeguarding culture, including identifying the key actions they should take given their role and responsibilities. You endorse the international "minimum standards for preventing sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)".
- a challenging position and working environment in an organisation with professional and involved colleagues;
- a good compensation and benefits package;
- a pleasant and flexible office environment in Utrecht.
This will initially be a one-year contract, with the possibility to extend. The position is classified as project specialist at level 4 with a salary range of min € 3,222 - max € 4,904 (scale 9), in accordance with the salary scales of Tearfund Netherlands. For more information you can contact Geert Jan van Dijk, Head of Institutional Funding, tel. 06 5349 2043.
If you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward to receiving your motivation letter and CV before August 15, 2021. You can direct the letter to Geert Jan van Dijk and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Tearfund, check our website.